Monday, June 25, 2012

It's been one week

since you looked at me, no wait. Not where I was going. It's just been one week since I last posted and I can't believe it because I've had so much I could write about. However, all that stuff to write about has been keeping me busy and/or stressed, so that's why I haven't blogged.
I had been planning my husband's surprise 30th birthday party for a while, and it took place on June 23. It actually was a success, which was a huge relief and still quite worrisome when I was waiting for people to show up and Matt was already on his way to the fire station where I was planning on surprising him.
So there were a few tense moments for me but he had no clue so it worked well:

There had even been a call when Matt's buddy Jarrett was helping shuffle people to the station and I though, No!!! Three of the guys went on the call and ended up having to go to the hospital with the dude because he shot himself in the groin. I won't even start on that, but how stupid can you be?!
His dad, uncle and cousin had the task of keeping him occupied all day, and what a challenge that was when he was worried he'd make me mad by not being home when I got off work! Little did he know!
We had a taco bar and party at his parents' house after, complete with firetruck cake!
He also got a baseball cake because Costco has limited choices.
 I even bought a banner that said "Happy 30th Birthday" and we kept it but I told him he couldn't use it for me in 2013 because I'd be celebrating my ninth 21st birthday, ha ha.

Another exciting development from the past week was M's first steps! June 21, 2012 shall forever be remembered as the day she took her first steps, five of them to be exact. I was so excited! And kind of bummed Daddy wasn't around to see but he got to see her walk later in the day. She's not completely comfortable doing it yet, so she's still crawling, but she's getting better every day!!

Hopefully I can somehow get back on track with my photo challenge that I let slip, but here's my crafty up-cycle of today:
I used one of the tins from M's food to create a new pen holder! I have a new L-shaped desk that gives me so much more space in my office (and even scrapbooking space!!) but it has no drawers so I needed to improvise.
Empty container + scrapbook paper + mod podge = pen holder! Awesome. Okay it's not perfect but when the wrinkles start to drive me crazy I'll just make a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment