Monday, October 1, 2012

Hot showers, after noon...

I got to take a hot shower today! And when I mean "hot," I mean, "almost-scalding-your-skin" hot, which I only get to do when there's not a toddler in the shower with me.
Why am I telling you this, you might ask? Well, I'm really just rejoicing in the fact that I was actually able to shower without my munchkin, because she was sleeping. The timing on my showers is clearly imperfect, because I should always plan them this way!
Today, it was even before 12 a.m.! That's an accomplishment, too, although it's embarrassing to admit it. Mommys all know that showering in the morning while baby is between 0 to 6 months of age can be impossible; over six months, and it starts happening more... At almost 15 months, shouldn't I have it figured out by now?
I'm only that motivated on days that I have to be somewhere early, and if I can schedule it, it'll happen later. There's just so much more to get done in the morning now that M is getting older! Making sure she eats and is clean while trying to get some work (housework, work-from-home work) done sometimes (a lot of times) pushes showers to after noon, maybe an hour or two before I have to leave the house for the part time job I have.
On the other hand, am I the only mom who has a problem with showering, only to spend the morning cleaning the kitchen and downstairs bathroom? Gross! Why get clean if I'm only going to get dirty cleaning? (Hello, oxymoron.)
Usually by the time I'm done cleaning anything, my hands are so dry from multiple washings and various chemicals that I need to bathe them in petroleum jelly to get the moisture back. (I'm okay with this, on principle—I at least know there are no bacteria or germs in my kitchen until the next meal is made. Go on, try finding a germ.)

No comments:

Post a Comment