Sunday, November 4, 2012

November?!?

I've been using things off Pinterest a lot lately, and I decided to share my recent results 1. Because I haven't found the time to blog lately and 2. Because if you try it, at least you may not get the crazy results I did!
First, here's my ice cream cone cupcakes:
There were no actual directions (I'm a big fan of directions! Surprised? Probably not.) For my trial run, since I'm going to make these for a bake sale, was to just use plain ol' Betty Crocker cake mix, and I poured it into my cones at various heights to see where I needed to be. Clearly, my cones runneth over!
After this, I did find a Pinterest post that said to put the cones upside down over the cupcake batter, and though I might try that, I'm not really sure how they would bake well? If you've done this, comment and tell me how you did it!
Next was the Halloween popcorn, which was entirely unnecessary but cute so I made a fifth trip to Walmart to grab candy melts, and gave it a shot.


I'm not a food photographer, so I'm sorry this image is from my iPhone and just plain sucks, but the popcorn actually turned out fairly well! I ditched it at my sister-in-law's house (thanks Gwen!) because I had already eaten quite a bit. Popcorn may be a good snack by itself, but add some candy and candy corn, and it stops being a healthy snack.

People keep asking me if my little M has noticed my belly or understands she'll have a brother yet, and the short answer is: No. She may pick up on the belly the farther along I get, but even though we tell her she's going to have a baby brother, concepts are not quite something she grasps yet.
Others are also quite interested to hear how I plan to deal with the jealousy: One day at a time! The idea of having two children and dealing with what may or may not happen with M is something that I can't quite grasp, just like I couldn't grasp what it would be like with a first child until she actually arrived (Thank you Jesus for equipping me with the skills I didn't know I had to be a mom!)
The only way to look at it is, one day at a time! I want M to know she's loved every day of her life, and I'll do what it takes for her to understand that when her baby brother arrives (who is unnamed as of now). It's the best I can do as a parent!
You know you're a parent when: crayons pop up in unexpected places, like the bathroom tub!


1 comment:

  1. I have the Betty Crocker Big Book of Cupcakes and the ice cream cone cupcakes are in there...they're also online.

    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/ice-cream-cone-cakes/9794e27f-63a9-4e2a-b1ed-b766b3ab9b7f

    I haven't tried them yet, but it's on my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete