Monday, April 16, 2012

The Laundry Gremlin

When I find the nasty little laundry gremlin putting holes in my new shirts, I am going to skewer it and cook it like a pig at a Hawaiian luau.
I have no less than three shirts purchased over the past three weeks, and two of the three have holes in the same area (around my belly button). Since I can't blame stretch marks and leftover baby paunch for the holes, my clothing malfunction has to be blamed on this mysterious gremlin!
My work place has a no-hole policy, not to mention my own preference for not looking like a hobo, so this only aggravates an already annoying mystery. Perhaps I'm the only one who would notice these somewhat small holes floating in an area I already like to hide, but that's not the point. The point, of course, is that getting holes in brand new shirts after one wear is like the soles falling out of new running shoes after the first run!
Beside a laundry gremlin, is it my belt? Considering I've only recently been able to buckle my "bling" belt (okay, in the very first hole, but I'm working on it!) and my go-to belt is without much edge, I've ruled them out.
I thought, maybe it's my cats.

Pretty adorable, right? Zora and Zephyr, respectively, have their claws and I cat-wrestle every few weeks to clip them. Maybe this is the culprit? Alas, no, because when I grab a cat and put it in a headlock, it's not moving until every. last. nail. is clipped and after that, they're put directly on the ground. So the cats are ruled out.
My counters are rounded, the table is too high to be hitting the place the holes occur, and at this point, I'm back to the gremlin theory.
So if anyone out there has this similar problem, please tell me how you solved it before my piggy bank is empty. As long as it doesn't include hand washing, I'm open to suggestions!

Psalm 125: 1–5
A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever. Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever. The wicked will not rule the land of the godly, for then the godly might be tempted to do wrong. O Lord, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with you. But banish those who turn to crooked ways, O Lord. Take them away with those who do evil. May Israel have peace!












No comments:

Post a Comment