Wednesday, August 8, 2012

When a refrigerator quits

I had a day that I fully believe God designed solely to remind me that I need to lean on Him and trust Him with all my heart.
We knew something was up with our refrigerator, but today it just quit completely. Or, it blows air out but isn't doing it right. Either way, I had a freezer full of just-barely-cold meat and a refrigerator that was quickly losing its cool (pun intended ;).
The worst part of the situation is the amount of money in that refrigerator. I think God is seeing exactly how much I will worry about money before I either lose my mind or turn to Him. But since I've walked this path before, I think it made it a little easier for me to choose to pray instead of panic.
At this point, I've thrown away approximately $60 worth of various groceries. What I truly was concerned about was the meat, so I cooked it and it's now in a friend's freezer (thank you Gina!). By tomorrow, I'll have to empty out the remainder of the fridge, and things like barbeque sauce, pickles and other perishables will have to meet the trash.
That's a stressful kind of situation for a family that has to budget every last penny. Especially when Baby No. 2 is on the way, we have an obscene medical bill (unrelated to the new baby, and when I say obscene, I mean "what good is insurance if it only covers 24% of a medical bill?!) and my car needs tires.
So, clearly this is a trial, and honestly, I'm excited that it didn't take more of a winding path for me to get to the part where I give it all to God. I'm frustrated with the landlord and I fleetingly worry about having to take money out of savings, but that's part of the road, isn't it? If I don't completely trust God, I might as well not trust him at all. I believe I've even touched on that in a previous post!
So I choose to trust Him. I know He will provide and I'm going to continue to ask God to keep me from stressing about how we're going to make everything, because this could've been a far worse day than it was!!

Trusting God is a lot like little M trusting her Daddy to keep her from falling off the fence. We have to just climb it, and believe that He will be there! Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment