Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Don't talk to me about food!

Here's what nausea during pregnancy for me is like:
Think of food, feel nauseous. Food commercials? Change the channel! Hubby wants to tell you about the great burger he had at a lunch meeting? Leave the room in mid sentence, leaving him wondering why you're being so rude. Try to come up with ideas for dinner... and end up making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when hubby gets home because the thought of anything else prompted queasiness.
Eat food without thinking about what you're doing, and I survive—but do you know how hard that is?
I also do a lot of frequent snacking. Of course, I'm not complaining, because throwing up is a rare thing for me and I'm thankful, but I will be happy when the nausea stage passes.
In fact, I have never in my life been so impatient for winter, my least favorite season, to be here! This comes in a combination of 95% joy for the new baby and 5% really, really wanting to lose every pound of baby weight. Shallow? Maybe. But I was doing pretty good on the weight-loss thing, and when we discovered that Baby No. 2 was on its way, it was put on pause.
Back to the nausea: At least when mine ends my husband will get regular dinners again. It seems quite unfair that he gets to put together scrap meals because I have a pregnancy-induced hatred of steak, hamburger and cooking, but then I remember it's partly his fault I'm like this, and I don't feel sorry any more!

:)

{On a side note, I just learned the hard way why trying to coax a tired toddler into a nap by putting her on the futon with the dog is dumb... You figure it out. Bad mommy.}

You know you're a parent (especially of a girl) when: Seeing teenagers at any store sends you into "I would never let my daughter wear that!" rampage.

No comments:

Post a Comment