Thursday, July 26, 2012

Birthday and breaking the news!

The past few weeks, I've been trying a variety of different ways to do something cute to announce that Matt and I are expecting our second child. There are so many cute things on Pinterest, I thought for sure I could do something as cute.
Well, the attempt has so far failed, but not for lack of trying. First I was going to do witty quotes on scrapbook paper, but I couldn't think of anything good for Matt. Then I was just going to do us holding our birthdays, because this new baby will be the only winter birthday in our little family, but M had absolutely no interest in her sign. She was far more interested in everything else she saw around our yard, like her slide, or the dog, or grass, or... You get the picture.
Then, there was having time to do a photo with Matt. When he was home, though, I usually was at work or we were busy doing something important. So then I thought, why not something like just the shoes we wear as an announcement? So I took a photo of my boots as a start.
But then I realized that since we don't know the gender yet (I'm only about 10 weeks) and I have no gender-neutral baby shoes, what would I do for the new baby? Maybe I over think things, yes?
So today is my birthday, and I thought I may as well spill the beans for everyone so that 1. I can talk about the pregnancy symptoms (hello, nausea, I did not miss you) and 2. It is rather ironic that for two birthdays in a row, I will be pregnant. I sense upcoming trials (two kids under two?! A little intimidating!) but God's timing is perfect, so I know that He has something in store for us all. 
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment