Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My May Day cookie welcome

This is how I welcomed May 2012:
Yep, those are oatmeal cookies. Of which I had at least 4. For lunch. Okay, I may have also had a cheese stick and a chunk of French bread, but that sure isn't making me look or sound any better. Remember the studies that show you're more likely to make impulse purchases on an empty stomach? Someone give me an "amen!"
That's what happened to me yesterday. I went to Wal-Mart solely for ingredients to make mini cupcakes for my MOPS meeting. I came out with several extraneous items, namely, the oatmeal cookies and French bread. And the gluttonous devil in me broke into the cookies while we were still gathering ingredients. Yes, I mean while we were still in the store.
Hello, calorie heaven! The diet that began last week when a stomach virus absolutely wiped me out has taken a temporary setback. While my friends are posting Facebook statuses about saying no to donuts and living healthy, eating your veggies (and virtually nothing else, might I add?), and running half marathons, I'm writing about eating oatmeal cookies for lunch.
Paula Dean's got nothing on me!
I definitely don't need her calorie-laden dishes to get my carbohydrate fill. Just send me to Wally World on an empty stomach and maybe some money-related stress. Who needs a psychologist when you have soft cookies to unload with?
Still, next time I head to that store, I am going to do it either in the unjust hours of the early morning when M has woken me up or directly after a meal, because if I this becomes a habit I might start getting the chubby comments my 9 month old gets. They might be cute for her but I don't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt.
Just in case you wondered, the cupcakes I made turned out fabulously but are still in my refrigerator because I made them the normal size instead of miniature for lack of liners. Yes, I'm that picky. I guess the hubby will have to help me with that calorific "win" because those oatmeal cookies took up my next week's worth of sweets. At least they look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment