Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Note to self

Dear Tafra,
If you think that leaving yourself a treat in your car is a good idea, yes, it is. But it is not a good idea for that treat to be a Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme bar, because warm weather + hot car = melted chocolate. Next time, make it hard candy or gum or something, so that you save yourself the aggravation of 1. Having to clean up melted chocolate in your console and 2. You will still have a "surprise" treat when you want it.
Love, yourself

Yep, I leave myself treats in my car, for no other reason then I forget about them and then, when I find it again, it's awesome! Except it isn't awesome when it's melted chocolate. I kind of thought that the console in "Stella," my car, was deep enough that it wouldn't be too affected by the heat.
Wrong!
Heat is heat is HOT in a parked car, and my melted chocolate bar is proof. It really does make sense, I know, but honestly it didn't cross my mind when I put it there. That's one of my "Mommy, thou art blonde!" moments.
Other thoughts on today:
My baby girl is teething, and she's handled it like a champ until tonight. Currently, she is laying in her crib crying, her eyes closed and for all intents ready to sleep, but she continues screaming. She's laying there because I've come to the realization that no matter what I do, rock, walk, sing, sit still, etc., it does not make M happy.
She has what she would swallow of ibuprofen, downed a bottle, and I spent a good 45 minutes rocking her and singing. I put her in her crib, and she was okay for about 15 minutes and then the screaming started. Normally I know she'll scream it out, but since she's teething I'm a little more malleable and I went back in to rock some more. It was to no avail—precious princess is screaming in her crib without me, because I can only do so much.
I hate, hate, hate these situations, because I don't like to leave her crying. A few minutes is fine... But an hour? I hate that she's in pain and I wish that my love would actually comfort her in these situations, but she's an independent sort of baby.
On the other hand, if I don't leave her in her crib, her screams eventually wear away all of the patience and tolerance I possess and I know that if I don't walk away, I'll get angry, and I am not going to get angry at a teething almost-10-month-old.
So there she lays, screaming.
Been there, done that, moms? I've had a lot of parents tell me that's what they did, so I don't feel too bad. But it still sucks sitting in the next room, typing, while little M screams her lungs out.
Oh, deep breath. She's finally quit crying. Thank you God! Ever wonder if teething is more stressful for parents then babies? Me too.
Ta ta for now!

Grace and peace be to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Galations 1:3-5









1 comment:

  1. Tafra I have been there with a crying baby in the crib. It is so hard but you are wise to just put her down instead of going crazy yourself. Teething will come to an end and you will have your sweet baby girl back, but is sure is tough in the meantime. Hang in there!
    btw I love reading your blog! I don't always comment, but I get on and read it about once a week.
    Blessings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete