Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dear Pinterest and all the people that make it what it is,
Thank you for inspiring me. I always get great reactions from the hubby when he sees glitter and Mod Podge on the table.
Love, Tafra

Today, it was glitter keys:
This great idea was courtesy of Jessica at www.oceansidedaydreams.com, who was also "pinspired" to decorate her keys. Tutorial here. Although I liked her colors better (especially the teal) I used what I have. What makes it even better for me is now I'll know which look-alike key goes to which lock at the right house. Perfect!
I do recommend being patient with this project and letting each coat dry completely, because I got a little anxious and a few have missing spots of glitter. I also recommend not putting your keys on a metal key ring after doing this unless you don't mind the glitter coming off from getting them on the key ring.

Also exciting is the little tomato growing on one of my plants. Notice the little guy on the right?
I used to catch oodles of grasshoppers (and rolly pollys) as a kid and now I can hardly stand the thought of touching one. <Shiver!> I also suppose that grasshoppers are not good for tomatoes so I guess tomorrow I'll be on the hunt for something to protect them with.
And finally, the best 18 bucks I ever spent was on this little plastic pool:
Because, as you can see, this is my 10-month-old leaning over to blow bubbles on her own without any coaching or encouragement from me. M loves water and it makes me so happy I can't see straight. I tell everyone that I only hope she grows a few inches taller than me because she'll be a better swimmer than me (and I was pretty decent back in the day).
We spent the entire afternoon in our backyard going in and out of the pool, playing with the pug and just enjoying the sun (despite sunburning my back... Guess I'll slap sunscreen on tomorrow.) And although I put gobs of sunscreen on M, it appears she's starting to tan a bit. Hope no one calls child protective services! But when your child is only happy when she's outside, I guess a little tan is inevitable. But really. I slather that kid down with sunscreen!
I wish I had been able to move fast enough to get their faces when M was using Roxy for standing support, and then when she and the pup started to look at the pool. If Roxy could speak, she'd be telling M, "Don't get in there! Don't you know it's wet?" I did try putting Roxy in the pool today and she hopped out faster than you could say "stop!"

No comments:

Post a Comment