Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tropical Avocado Salsa

Friends, I wanted to share this recipe with you because I just made it, it's delicious, and my lips are still experiencing a light jalapeno burn that is quite nice.
The recipe is off the bag of avocados I bought at Costco. (I'm just not creative to come up with this stuff by myself. This was also my first purchase of avocados, because I'm not a guacamole fan and I'm generally not one to buy foods that I don't know how to cook with or use. However, I learned they are full of "good for babies" things and make a good snack because they're soft, so I branched out! Yay for new things!)
Tropical Avocado Salsa
Ingredients:
 2 cups finely diced tropical fruit, such as kiwi, pineapple, mango and pineapple
2 avocados, pitted, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 fresh serrano or jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 fresh, diced tomato
Directions:
Gently toss together all ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.

Pretty easy, eh? I used kiwi and mango, a white onion, and cherry tomatoes, but in any case, it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment